Thursday, January 21, 2010

How To Make My Dog's Shit Harder

My experience with "One Hundred Years of Solitude"

I finished reading a novel that I really loved it and so amazed by the fear that I have not reread a book I like so much ... is "One Hundred Years of Solitude" , THE MASTERPIECE IN OUR LANGUAGE (with due respect to my Don Quixote, but I've never read, and being honest and I will read it, that it is more notes to footnotes the same novel in itself, I am so lazy).


many years ago to buy the novel in a book fair every year is installed in Toluca and its surroundings, and every year is getting poorer (thanks to the Toluca global capital of culture). I started reading several times over the years but never made it past the first pages, I was not ready pa 'read it and it was time to read only Tvnotas.

But this year, I started reading (obviously reinforced the family tree of the Buendia family) since my sister alerted me of the confusion that many Aurelian and José Arcadio could generate and obviously my poor retention to remember names of the protagonists in all circumstances (in fact so for my H arry Potter is a mystery as the characters get confused over not being able to make me lose the plots of movies 20 minutes).

A family tree (somewhat ill) but highly recommended
close at hand while reading a wonderful novel


really is little that can write in my bad writing on a book as brilliant as written by GABO, insurance if they want to find an interpretation, a summary or an explanation of this novel, there are hundreds of references not only very reliable (at least more than this blog disque), but whole books devoted to these topics. I recommend this over me, there is no person on this planet called Earth with their five senses or at least an ounce of intelligence did not like "100 Years of Solitude", and has definitely become my favorite book. Hmmm, on second thought, I have to recommend "One Hundred Years of Solitude" is as useless as saying that "Twilight" is shit, shit bad book.

Anyway, if you have not read, you will not regret to spend your good weights in this work of art, to be seized is in our English language, few things (like music, movies, books) is that we can enjoy in its original language (as not all chew very good English).

Indeed, throughout history is handled much metafiction, this form of self-referential, which definitely I love the concept, and obviously gave rise to the name of this blog, this self-reference that uses so wonderfully Charlie Kaufman eg Synecdoche, New York (great movie, best of the decade by the way, tape it hurt me to see the first 30 minutes but I had fun the other hour and a half), or one that Jorge Luis Borges describes in The Aleph.


If Kaufman wrote a blog, probably would be about a screenwriter who is writing a blog, but seeing that I could not write, one would think of writing about a blogger not can write a blog about a blogger who can not write, then do not understand shit ....... but I would say our superhero made in Mexico, Chapulin Colorado, that's the idea ...

If memory serves me (which I doubt), my first approach to this novel went through a Celso Piña Cumbia, if read correctly, a cumbia (which I must admit I love) called Macondo , chécate part of the lyrics (very good by the way)

Macondo hundred years of sound, sound in air
Gabriel and the years of Trumpets, trumpets announce
And chained Macondo dreams José Arcadio
And although Life goes
memories still swirl
The sorrows of Aureliano, four
beauties Remedios, violins
Amaranta's passions, guitar
And the spell of Melquiades is one hundred years oboe
Ursula, solitude Macondo
Ursula hundred years Macondo

loneliness You forgot epic of a people in a hundred years
Forged love and I guess

history and relive burned in my memory
sun

Mauricio Babilonia Yellow Butterfly Yellow Butterfly flying
released




By the way, is a book that you must read before you die (which good wishes), and is worth every dollar you spend in this novel, but I understand how this crisis, which sometimes is not enough for a watch or some tennis shoes, a vacation or drinking water, So I leave the link to read, at least digital, download it free here

0 comments:

Post a Comment